Understanding the Keystone Cougar OTG, Off The Grid, Solar Package
Keystone RV’s OTG or Off The Grid package is the completely engineered OEM solar power system owners have been waiting for. The number one goal with this factory option for the 2020 model year was to eliminate the trial and error of sourcing an aftermarket solar power solution. There are two configurations now available on Cougar, Cougar Half-ton, Passport and Bullet RV's. Owners can choose between the OTG Solar Prep (solar pre-wired) or the OTG Solar Camping Package (170 Watt Panel 30 Amp Charge Controller installed).
What is the OTG Solar Prep:
Because Keystone Bullet, Passport and Cougar models come equipped with an expandable Zamp Solar 2 port roof cap, owners will save time and money when they make the decision to take things to the next level and upgrade their solar capacity. Travel trailers and fifth wheels with OTG prep include factory wiring for up to 3 Zamp Solar Legacy 170 Watt Solar Panels, or 510 total watts on the roof.
Factory Installed OTG Solar Power Packages:
With Keystone’s optional OTG package, owners receive components were handpicked by the Keystone engineering team for their compatibility and quality. You also get the additional assurance of installation that is integrated into the build process and done by a team that is intimately familiar the trailer. OTG packages typically include a 170w Zamp roof-mounted solar panel; a 30 amp Zamp Solar charging systems, depending on the model. The Xantrex inverter is optional and is not necessary for the solar charging system to work properly.
OTG Solar Prep - Standard Components (Pre-Wired for Zamp Solar)
- Dual-port cap with solar charger prep located in pass-through storage compartment for easy access.
- Sidewall port access for portable solar panel systems
- Inverter wiring prep storage located in pass-through storage compartment. The inverter is NOT included and is not necessary for solar charging.
OTG Solar Camping Package Option (Installed Solar Controller, Panel and Cap)
- One (1), 170 watt Zamp roof-mounted solar panel, expandable up to 510 watts with aftermarket equipment
- One (1), 30 AMP Zamp solar charging system
- John Brock, Keystone R&D Engineer