Keystone RV’s OTG or Off The Grid package is the completely engineered OEM solar power system owners have been waiting for. The number one goal with this factory option for the 2020 model year was to eliminate the trial and error of sourcing an aftermarket solar power solution. There are two configurations now available on Cougar, Cougar Half-ton, Passport and Bullet RV's. Owners can choose between the OTG Solar Prep (solar pre-wired) or the OTG Solar Camping Package (170 Watt Panel 30 Amp Charge Controller installed).
What is the OTG Solar Prep:
Because select Keystone brands come equipped with an expandable Zamp Solar 2 port roof cap, owners will save time and money when they make the decision to take things to the next level and upgrade their solar capacity. Travel trailers and fifth wheels with OTG prep include factory wiring for up to 3 Zamp Solar Legacy 170 Watt Solar Panels, or 510 total watts on the roof.
Factory Installed OTG Solar Power Packages:
With Keystone’s optional OTG package, owners receive components were handpicked by the Keystone engineering team for their compatibility and quality. You also get the additional assurance of installation that is integrated into the build process and done by a team that is intimately familiar with you coach. OTG packages typically include a 170w Zamp roof-mounted solar panel; a 30 amp Zamp Solar charging systems, depending on the model.
OTG Solar Prep - Standard Components (Pre-Wired for Zamp Solar)
- Dual-port cap with solar charger prep located in pass-through storage compartment for easy access.
- Sidewall port access for portable solar panel systemsInverter prep storage located in pass-through storage compartment.
- Up to five (5) 110V outlets on every unit are prepped for inverted use with wiring conveniently terminated in the pass-through storage to connect to the inverter when added (The number of inverted outlets varies by brand.)
OTG Solar Camping Package Option (Installed Solar Controller, Panel and Cap)
- One (1), 170 watt Zamp roof-mounted solar panel, expandable up to 510 watts with aftermarket equipment
- One (1), 30 AMP Zamp solar charging system
- One (1), 1,200 or 2,000 watt pure sine inverter (varies by brand)
I love solving these fundamental industry problems every day and allowing campers to have a better experience…"
- John Brock, Keystone R&D Engineer